GloFAS 2.2. System Upgrade
On 9 December 2020, the Global Flood Awareness System was upgraded to version 2.2. This includes the following features and new products:
- Upgraded reporting point graphs, showing antecedent condition and forcing information.
- New initial condition layers for key forcing variables.
- New forecast skill layer.
- Upgraded flood impact assessment with additional information on exposure considered.
- Three new GloFAS datasets available through CDS.
GloFAS v2.2 upgrade did not include any modeling change; therefore, the river discharge data did not change either. This means that evaluation results available for v2.1 are also applicable for version 2.2. For more information about this release and previous versions of GloFAS, we refer to the wiki.
By Karen O'Regan Dec. 9, 2020, 10:45 a.m.